Head of Tournaments
The Professional Golfers Association
Closing date:Wednesday 28th February 2024
Location:Remote role but will need to travel
Package:Highly attractive with benefits
Responsible for leading tournament operations and all associated activity to ensure delivery of and alignment with The PGA Vision and Strategy. Ensuring effective delivery of golf tournaments in The PGA. Responsible for formulating and delivering tournament budgets, tracking and promoting
entries, recording statistics, setting and ensuring standards are maintained and formulating policy, Rules Education, PGA Rules Panel and the continued development of BlueGolf within the PGA. Following invitation, ensuring there is adequate Rules Official representation at Higher Ranking
Qualifications & Experience
- Proven experience in successfully running high profile golf
- Expert knowledge of the game and structure of golf
- Good knowledge of the internal structure of Professional
- Experienced in leading a key business function and
successfully managing change
- Has a strong, established network within golf
- Excellent administration and IT skills including Microsoft
- Office suite and experience in database management
Basic First Aid qualified (or willing to complete)
- Ability to successfully lead and manage, working
collaboratively between departments of The PGA
- Flexible approach with excellent organisational skills.
- Ability to plan and prioritise work against strict and often
- Business and customer focused understanding the profile,
needs and demands of Members, players and the business
- Highly motivated to continuously improve standards giving
attention to detail
- Proactive attitude to problem solving
- Confident public speaker
- Ability to make good decisions under pressure
- Able to travel, spending periods of time away from home
To access the full candidate brief, please apply.
Interested? Apply now
Looking for something else?
A large portion of our work is undertaken on a confidential basis, and the roles we recruit for are not made public.
Register with us and upload your CV to make sure you don’t miss out on any opportunities that might be right for you.