Golf Sales Manager
Closing date:Tuesday 2nd October 2023
Scope of the position:
Leads High-End Golf Sales. Shares responsibility for achieving Golf, high-end leisure and golf group revenue goals, guest and associate satisfaction.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Solicits new and existing business to meet/exceed revenue goals. Primary sales focus to include:
- On Property Resort –Relationship building for lead generation, attending pre-cons, sites and client meetings with a goal to capture new golf business.
- Off Property Resort – Execution of minimum of monthly sales calls, sales missions and Fam Trips.
- Develops a seamless group and event sales process with on-property resort sales managers, directors and service personnel to grow round and revenue opportunities
- Creates partnerships with other area hotels, ensuring that the facility is kept top of mind with groups and transient guests including potential referral programs.
- Assists in developing and executing strategic sales & marketing plans that effectively communicate overall facility sales goals, including strategic directions, key objectives, target segments, strategies.
- Manages and evolves relationships with key wholesalers, TO’s, specialized agencies and key accounts.
- Develops a clear and concise sales process to attract premium groups, high-end tournaments and high-end catered events with effective follow-up for each.
- Strategically utilizes and understands different revenue opportunities for the facility, including local resorts and clubs, online third-party providers, the local competition and other partnerships or relationships, which offer revenue opportunities.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of golf operations, tee-sheet maximization, tournament maintenance schedules and group needs and the key vendor relationships and the tools they offer to support and manage goals.
- Proactively sells golf as well as upsells for Pro Shop spend, The Golf Hub and F&B.
- Participates in the day-to-day Resort sales efforts of the facility, assisting the Commercial Director.
- Continually researches and analyzes local, national and Mediterranean market conditions to obtain an in-depth understanding of competitor’s pricing strategies throughout the year.
- Creates a sales culture throughout all facility operations, maintaining excellent service standards to achieve positive Net Promoter Scores and guest satisfaction.
- Maintains the ability to understand golf course inventory during different times of year, allowing the facility to maximize revenues with all round types and golf groups.
- Effectively communicates sales strategies to Commercial Director.
- Continually strives to enhance sales leadership skills by attending industry shows, workshops, forums, sales missions, Fam Trips, educational seminars and other learning opportunities.
- Prepares reports to the Commercial Director such as annual sales plans, monthly sales reports, annual goals, sales & marketing budgets and forecasts.
- Closely analyzes and reviews with the Commercial Director different sales and marketing opportunities to attract potential business.
- Maintains a thorough group database for the Resort, allowing for high quality Customer Relationship Management (CRM) and prompt customer follow-up.
- Represents property on appropriate site visits including golf outings, special events and meetings.
- Ensures that appropriate staff organizes and executes all group events in a detailed manner.
- Provides content, oversight and assistance with the management of facility website and search engine marketing campaigns including golf, retail and F&B.
- Creates tournaments with local and international audiences.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the Commercial Director.
For further information, please contact a member of the team.
Interested? Apply now
Looking for something else?
A large portion of our work is undertaken on a confidential basis, and the roles we recruit for are not made public.
Register with us and upload your CV to make sure you don’t miss out on any opportunities that might be right for you.