Head Caddy Master
Ballybunion Golf Club
Closing date:Friday 1st March 2024
The Head Caddie Master will lead the caddie team and be responsible for delivering an exceptional golf experience to members and their guests while they are at Ballybunion. Their main goal is the development, and quality control of our caddie program as well as working each day to manage the golf tee sheet and first tee experience, monitoring pace of play, and accurately recording member and guest golf rounds.
This person will be a versatile employee that identifies areas of improvement and provides key input on how to improve the operation on a regular basis. They will take time to train caddies, foster the caddie program, and continue to grow the caddie program through marketing efforts outside of the club.
This person will work to greet golfers as they arrive, provide direction throughout the club, handle their golf bags and luggage, along with many additional tasks associated with the daily operations of the club. The Head Caddie Master will be responsible for the caddy roster and allocating caddies to visitor and guest rounds, assist with training new outside staff employees, and enforcing the policies and expectations within the Outside Service Golf Operations. The candidate should have a passion for customer service, an outgoing personality, a strong attention to detail and enjoy working outdoors.
- Cordially greets members, guests, and visitors by a proper name upon arrival. Ascertains their needs and directs them accordingly while maintaining a positive personality.
- Provides assistance to golfers with golf clubs and luggage when arriving and departing the club.
- Lead, manage, and motivate other staff members to deliver an excellent experience for members and guests.
- Assist golfers in getting to and from the practice facility by loading golf clubs on golf carts and providing directions.
- Schedules caddie training sessions in the Spring and provides additional training to caddies when needed throughout the season.
- Assist Golf Professional staff with tee sheet management, tournament operations, member events, daily member & guest play, oversees practice facility and day to day golf operations.
- Perform additional tasks and duties assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Maintain caddie records and create a caddy rota daily.
- Develop positive relationships with members, golf shop staff, club staff, and outside operations staff.
- Communicate clearly with the golf shop staff, golf course superintendents, and outside operations manager via radio.
Skills and Requirements:
- Outcoming personality, good communicator.
- Comfortable working outdoors.
- Ability to follow oral and written direction.
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new job tasks.
- Ability to be proactive in individual and group task settings.
- Ability to foresee and anticipate daily activities based on tee sheets or direction from a supervisor.
Interested? Apply now
Looking for something else?
A large portion of our work is undertaken on a confidential basis, and the roles we recruit for are not made public.
Register with us and upload your CV to make sure you don’t miss out on any opportunities that might be right for you.