As a new country luxury club, Beaverbrook came to the market with the different approach to the member experience. From a retail perspective Beaverbrook took inspiration for the top fashion and luxury brands that deliver the ultimate retail experience. When engaged to search for their Merchandising Manager, Beaverbrook looked for a diverse candidate that understood luxury products coupled with high end service.
In our research it was necessary to extend our research and market mapping outside of the golf retail sector into other retail sectors that included luxury lifestyle brands. Although golf was an element of the role, the golf knowledge and expertise of the golf team allowed us to focus on identifying luxury retail and merchandising specialists.
- Identify a retail expert with a specialism in luxury brands.
- Identify a candidate to take the retail operation from pre-opening to launch
- Ensure the correct personality and behavioural fit with the Beaverbrook Management and Brand.
- Market map both the tier 1 global golf retail facilities and the wider luxury lifestyle brand market
- Implement a thorough recruitment plan focusing heavily on screening for technical skills and personality.
- Develop a roadmap for the role that outlined the short, medium to long term requirements to ensure the candidate had the capacity and knowledge required for each stage.