Fitzwilliam Lawn Tennis Club is a private members club and is Ireland’s leading rackets club. The Club has engaged Colt Mackenzie McNair (CMM) to support them in their search for a General Manager.
The Club was established in 1877 and is one of the oldest tennis clubs in the world. Based in the centre of Dublin, it has a thriving membership of around 2,300 members and has played host to over 140 Irish Tennis Open Championships. The Club recently invested around €8m in a major clubhouse extension, refurbishment and court enhancements. The Club boasts a broad range of facilities, including 6 outdoor & 4 indoor tennis courts, 3 Padel Courts, 6 squash courts, fully equipped gym, 17 metre indoor swimming pool, snooker room along with a premium food & beverage offering.
Reporting to the Honorary Secretary and working closely with the Governing Committee, the General Manager is responsible for all aspects of the management of the Club’s business. This individual will be a seasoned leader in developing a coherent culture with clarity, vision, values and practices that align with the broader vision and goals of the Club. The successful candidate will foster a healthy environment conducive to maximizing capabilities and supporting operational excellence, member engagement and continuous improvement.
PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE/COMPETENCIES REQUIRED
- Proven experience in driving an organisation commercially and operationally, ideally within a membership club.
- Strong experience in operations management and continuous improvement initiatives.
- Experience in budgeting, forecasting and financial oversight.
- Outstanding leadership skills and experience building a strong culture and environment that fosters capable and motivated individuals and teams.
- Possess excellent communication skills and the ability to negotiate with suppliers, customers, contractors, and representative bodies.
- Ability to provide exceptional member & visitor experience.
- Possess strong people skills with the ability to relate to and influence at all levels internally and externally.
- Experience in the management of food & beverage offering would be an advantage.
This is an exciting opportunity for the successful candidate to build on a high-profile and respected brand with a highly capable team.
Location: Dublin, Ireland
Package: Highly competitive