Colt Mackenzie McNair, an executive search firm focused within the Golf Industry, has been retained by Co. Sligo Golf Club to search for a new Course Manager.
County Sligo Golf Club is The Wild Atlantic Links. It is a course carved by earth, winds and water and is a true championship test of golf. It is situated in the picturesque seaside village of Rosses Point, Co Sligo, Ireland.
It was Peter Alliss who said:
“Rosses Point is a gentle sleeping giant and one will marvel at its beauty, it can be a tremendous test for the highest quality player and great fun for the modest player, and stands at the top of great Irish courses”.
The “Essential Qualities” below are most important in this role and will be considered when assessing applications and interviewing candidates. The “Desirable” qualities are also important but may not exclude candidates.
- A high level of professional standards and experience in golf course management.
- Proven management skills, with willingness to embrace personal development and learning opportunities for self and other staff.
- Has the experience and personality to motivate all of those, who contribute to the quality of the course to ensure that they consistently achieve high standards.
- High personal standards.
- Has a focus on the details that contribute to the overall quality of the course and the member and visitor experience.
- Not only understands but really believes that members and visitors come to the Club to enjoy themselves and consistently have an excellent experience.
- An excellent communicator, both verbal and written with the ability to complete clear, concise and comprehensive management reports. Demonstrate a business-like attitude while being friendly and tolerant.
- Able to take responsibility for the course budget and expenditure.
- Good administration skills and IT literate, with experience of social media as a platform to communicate to members.
- Has worked, and preferably managed, at a top 100 UK & Ireland course.
- Previous experience on a links or heathland course.
- A good working understanding of course related IT systems and procedures
- Good presentation skills. e.g. Able to regularly present to the General Manager and on occasions the Management Council.
- A practical knowledge of relevant legal issues including HSE, Employment, Environmental etc.
- Relevant formal qualifications or training.
Closing date: Friday 18th August 2023
Location: County Sligo, Ireland
Package: Highly competitive