One of the leading golf resorts in Spain are seeking a Golf Operations Manager to oversee and maintain all facets of the golf operation. Provide professional support, direction, management, training and leadership to golf staff associates. Promote and nurture customer relations and enhance the quality of the golf experience.
- Oversees golf operations including tournaments, rules, tee sheet activity, merchandise inventory, range operations, player service operations, cart fleet, and may assist with supervising Food and Beverage operations.
- Assists in the development and day to day tracking of the budget and business plan. Helps to control expenses in relation to revenues.
- Creates a customer service-oriented atmosphere that promotes the game of golf and meets the needs of the members. Ensures that associates provide a high level of customer service.
- Works closely with the Superintendent and the Food and Beverage Manager on a daily basis to ensure timely communication and to establish a good working relationship.
- Prepares work schedules and assigns associates areas of responsibility.
- Performs payroll tasks as scheduled and makes adjustments prior to submitting to payroll. Monitors hours to maximize productivity and minimize overtime.
- Provides leadership and vision to golf staff, building people, and preparing them for career advancement.
- Provide golf instruction through lessons and clinics to members and guests.
- Responsible for interviewing, hiring, training, planning, assigning, and directing work, evaluating performance, rewarding, and disciplining associates; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Manages department members that may include, but is not limited to: Teaching Professionals ,guest service supervisor, Tournament Coordinator, Reception and Guest Services Attendants.
- Assures that effective orientation and training are given to each new associate. Develops ongoing training programs.
- Monitors business volume forecast and plans accordingly in areas of manpower, productivity, costs and other expenses.
- Responsible for implementing and maintaining excellent service to achieve guest satisfaction.
- Conducts staff meetings with subordinates.
Candidates must be proficient in both Spanish and English language
Package: Base salary €30,000 with wider package to be discussed during the interview process
Closing date: Friday 20th March 2020